Make Magical Memories at the perfect rustic wedding venue in virginia
Our Facility & Services
Helping you celebrate life and create waterfall memories
with a touch of history & rustic elegance
Are you searching for a rustic wedding venue in Virginia?
Dreaming of an unforgettable event with a waterfall backdrop?
Want to leave the ordinary behind and experience peace, happiness, and tranquility at a unique venue?
Step foot on Motley’s Mill property, and you’ll find yourself drawn to the sound of the falls.
Motley’s Mill Waterfall Estate makes event planning simple, easy, and convenient while providing the perfect historic waterfall backdrop. A historic site for your historic day, our 25-acre riverfront property offers unmatched waterfall views.
The tranquility of tumbling water will make your special day one that no one will soon forget.
Explore the Venue
Experience the Magic of the Falls at Our Waterfall Wedding Venue & Conference Center
Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”
We know that every event is unique, so we treat every guest that way too. No matter what type of special occasion you’d like to host at Motley’s Mill, we’ll guide you through the customized booking process with ease.
OUR PROMISE TO YOU…
We promise a responsive, customized event and wedding booking experience—with everything in writing before your big day. Motley’s Mill Waterfall Estate makes event planning simple, easy, and convenient while providing the perfect historic waterfall backdrop.
Here are some of the special occasions we’re equipped to host.
- Civil unions
- Commitment ceremonies
- Vow renewals
- Rehearsal dinners
- Bridal parties
- Corporate events and meetings
- Corporate training
- Corporate retreats
- Corporate holiday parties
- Government training
- Educational events
- School banquets
Our Facility & Services
Ready to Book the Event of Your Dreams?
You’re Just 5 Easy Steps from A Time to Remember
When you’re ready to feel special in a special place, we can’t wait to help you plan the event of a lifetime. We make the process fun, easy, and completely personalized from start to finish. Here’s what you can expect next…
- Schedule a tour of our magical setting.
- Share your must-haves. Not sure where to begin? We can help with that!
- Book your special event.
- Allow us to bring your vision to life. Then, relax and enjoy!
- Enjoy your special day and create a lifetime memory.
Now, you’re ready to take the first step. We can’t wait to meet you!
Email Us and Schedule Your Tour of Motley’s Mill Waterfall Estate Today!
Make History a Part of Your Story
at Motley’s Mill Waterfall Estate
While other bodies of water in Pittsylvania County have more memorable names, like the Dan River or Sandy Creek, something distinctive about the Banister River sets it apart. From the moment you arrive at Motley’s Mill Waterfall Estate, you’ll sense the magic and peaceful tranquility of the rolling water.
A tributary of the Dan River, the Banister spans more than 60 miles through southern Virginia. History has been made here as long as the water has been flowing. Colonial settlers gravitated to the calm waters of the Banister River, and today, hikers and fishers often flock here.
Now, a gorgeous estate sits on its banks, ready to host brides, grooms, corporate events, and milestone memories. You can’t help but fall in love with Motley’s Mill.
Outfitted with antique pieces collected from mansions and other historical locations across the United States, Motley’s Mill exudes the vibe of a rustic, elegant wedding. Stunning doors restored from the Ludwig Estate in Hamburg, Pennsylvania, open to exposed timbers salvaged from the original mill. Every corner of the property has been lovingly designed to preserve history, with each furnishing and architectural feature handpicked to enhance the charm of our estate.
Here are a few of the many unique artifacts you’ll find at Motley’s Mill Waterfall Estate:
- Old timbers from the original mill throughout the property
- Courtyard gate made in France and reclaimed from Egypt (sent to Egypt to save them from ruin during a war)
- Exterior lampposts salvaged from various townships throughout North Carolina
- A stunning door from a 1920s California chalet
- Interior chalet doors salvaged from Wilson Hall/University of Virginia and a historic home in Richmond, Virginia
- Main house interior doors from the Pennsylvania Ludwig Estate
- 2 oversized sunburst French architectural sliding doors reclaimed from the Kean Estate, a 17,000-square foot Georgian-style stone mansion atop the highest point in Livingston, New Jersey
- Elegant chandeliers salvaged from estates across North Carolina
- Cabinets in the groom’s quarters salvaged from an old estate home in North Carolina
- Antique metal banisters salvaged from a North Carolina estate and used on the top of the pool bar
- Numerous pieces of restored building components and antique furniture from all over the country
Why Book Your Big Event at Motley’s Mill?
From the moment you book until the last guest leaves, every moment at Motley’s Mill will be magical.
Located in southern Virginia on the scenic Banister River, Motley’s Mill is less than 30 miles from Smith Mountain Lake and easily accessible from major Virginia and North Carolina cities. While conveniently just an hour from the Triad and 1.5 hours from Raleigh or 2.5 hours from Richmond, this breathtaking venue feels like it’s a world away. Motley’s Mill is also centrally located between New York and Florida.
One of the most unique wedding venues in Virginia, Motley’s Mill Waterfall Estate makes event planning simple, easy, and convenient while providing the perfect historic waterfall backdrop. Weddings are our specialty, but our space also lends itself well to corporate gatherings and other events.
In addition to the stunning setting, you can expect top-notch service. At Motley’s Mill Waterfall Estate, we are a professional team of smart, motivated, collaborative self-starters—and big thinkers with a thirst for learning.
We model excellence, intelligence, and integrity while sharing knowledge and remaining accountable to ourselves, each other, and our guests.
And we work hard, play hard, and have fun.
Have questions about our rustic wedding venue?
Ready to schedule your event?